Now, it is not what it seems.
I recently started reading the book, 101 Things God Can’t Do by Maisie Sparks. Contrary to popular belief, there are some things God can’t do. Here are my top 10 out of the book.
I hope you have enjoyed this and I highly recommend this book.
Some of the main things in this book were,
- God can’t get tired. Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. —Isaiah 40:28
- God can’t take on a job he can’t handle. Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you. —Jeremiah 32:17
- God can’t be unholy. And they were calling to one another: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.” —Isaiah 6:3
- God can’t be prejudiced. Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right. —Acts 10:34-35
- God can’t break a promise. I will not violate my covenant or alter what my lips have uttered. —Psalm 89:34
- God can’t remember sins he’s chosen to forget. I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more. —Isaiah 43:25
- God can’t make a loser. But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession —2 Corinthians 2:14
- God can’t abandon you. Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. —Deuteronomy 31:6
- God can’t stop thinking about you. How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand— when I awake, I am still with you. —Psalm 139:17-18
- God can’t stop loving you. The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness. —Jeremiah 31:3
101 Things God Can’t Do, ©1996 by Maise Sparks.
This is something that when I saw originally I thought would be someone who is against Christianity trying to make a case against it, when it reality, gives you a perspective that the average person doesn’t have and makes you think a little more.
These definitely helped me and I hope that it helps you too.